HOW TO BOOK A ROUTINE DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT
You can register for the online booking of GP appointments via Patient Access. Once registered, you can book a GP appointment online via the Patient Access website. If you have a smart phone you can also download the 'Patient Access' app. You can access Patient Access 24/7 to book an appointment. You will have the same appointment choice online as those booking by telephone or in person.
Alternatively, patients can contact our reception team on 02086785420 or attend the practice in person to arrange a Doctor’s appointment. You will be offered the next available appointment with a Doctor.
Patients are able to book into the following slots online:
- Doctor routine appointments: These are non-urgent face to face GP appointments in which you will attend the practice to see your GP. There are a number of things that online appointments are not suitable for. Please scroll further down the page to see what sort of appointments cannot be booked online.
- Doctor telephone consultations: GP telephone consultations are preferable where patients feel that their query can be dealt with over the phone. Please note that the timings for the GP telephone consultations are approximate however we do endeavour to contact you as near to the booked time as reasonably possible.
- Cervical screening (smear test) Nurse appointments: If you have received a prompt advising that you are now due in for a cervical screening appointment we now offer a few designated slots bookable online. If you are unable to attend the practice on the dates bookable online, please contact the reception team on 02086785420 who will be able to offer alternative appointments.
Please note that you can now ask our reception team for a GP appointment at one of the Lambeth GP Access Hubs. We have four GP Access Hubs in Lambeth based in Brixton, Oval, Streatham and Vauxhall offering both Doctor and Nurse appointments. The waiting time for an appointment is usually less than 2 days. This service has enabled the practice to offer patients an appointment at a time that may be more convenient at an alternative location. Please contact our reception team to book an appointment at one of the GP Access Hubs.
All patients have the right to choose which GP they see however we are unable to guarantee that a particular GP will be available when required and if not we will endeavour to provide a suitable appointment with another GP. Reception are able to offer appointments up to six weeks in advance with all clinicians for non-urgent appointments. Please register your mobile phone number with reception for an automatic appointment reminder one day before your appointment is due.
Each GP appointment is 10 minutes long as per standard NHS practice. Please prioritise the issues you want to discuss during your appointment. This will ensure that we deal with the most important issues first. Please be advised that your Doctor may ask that you arrange an additional appointment if they feel unable to deal with your problem safely within the allocated appointment.
WHAT CAN'T BE BOOKED INTO ONLINE APPOINTMENTS?
There are a number of things that online appointments are NOT suitable for. Please do NOT use these slots for the following:
• Medicals including HGV, PSV, Foster/Adoption, Military, Employment, Life Insurance & Medical reports etc. - Please contact our reception team to arrange an appointment if you have a medical form that needs to be completed by a Doctor. You will need to send a copy of your medical form to email@example.com prior to being offered an appointment to allow our secretaries to discern the length of appointment required for the completion of your form.
• Coils and Implants (either change, removal or check) - Please contact the reception team to arrange a doctor's appointment for a coil/implant appointment. Please note that there is generally a 4-6 week wait for an appointment of this nature due to the length of appointment time required and the amount of Doctor's able to offer this service at the practice.
• Six week antenatal checks - Please contact our reception team to book a six week antenatal check.
• Travel vaccinations - Please visit our travel webpage by clicking here.
• Blood test appointments - Blood test appointments cannot be booked online. If you have a blood test form and would like to book an appointment to have your bloods taken, please contact our reception team on 0208 678 5420.
• Minor surgery (cryotherapy/wart freezing clinic)
• Podiatry/Dental/Optical - These services are not offered at the practice. Please contact the relevant professional.
IMPORTANT: Should you book into an online GP appointment for any of the aforementioned services, your appointment may be cancelled and you will be advised to reschedule your appointment into the appropriate slot.
When we are closed – out of hours support
Outside of our usual opening hours our answerphone will give you the number for NHS111
When our practice is closed you can still get support. You can get expert medical advice and useful information by calling 111 on your mobile or telephone or through the website 111 online.
The NHS 111 service is available 24 hours a day and can provide patient information, issue prescriptions to a pharmacy of your choice, book a GP appointment, and, if necessary, refer people to emergency services
If you need emergency treatment in a critical or life threatening situation, you should go to the nearest Accident and Emergency department or call 999 for an ambulance.
If you are unable to come to the surgery, please try to make your request for a visit before 10.00 and if possible please tell the receptionist the reason why you are requesting a visit so that we can prioritise these calls.
Where possible you will see your usual doctor.
In the time it takes a doctor to see one patient at home, we can see four patients in the surgery, so we appreciate it if you can come to the surgery when ever possible.
Visits are usually made after morning surgery, or early afternoon.