HOW TO BOOK AND CANCEL AN APPOINTMENT
Patient Access is available to all our registered patients. With Patient Access you can book GP appointments online, view your medical record including test results and submit repeat prescription requests directly to the practice.
Patients are able to book into the following slots online:
- We have temporarily suspended the appointment booking of face to face GP appointments amid rising cases of the Coronavirus (Covid-19). Doctor telephone consultations can currently be booked online via Patient Access. Alternatively, you can submit an online consultation and receive a response by the end of the next working day via eConsult.
If a GP feels that you need to be seen, they can book you into a face to face appointment at their discretion. Please note that Nurse appointments remain bookable over the phone. However, should you develop a cough or fever please do not attend the surgery. Cancel your appointment ASAP and self-isolate for 7 days.
Registered patients of Clapham Park Group Practice can access extended opening times at four specially selected GP Access Hubs in Lambeth by speaking to our reception team on 0208 678 5420.
Each GP appointment is 10 minutes long as per standard NHS practice. Please prioritise the issues you want to discuss during your appointment. This will ensure that we deal with the most important issues first. Please be advised that your Doctor may ask that you arrange an additional appointment if they feel unable to deal with your problem safely within the allocated appointment.
Every effort is made to keep to time, however given the complexity of some of our work we would ask for your understanding if a Doctor should be running late.
Want advice from your doctor, information on self-help or have an administrative request? Our eConsult service allows you to get help before the end of the next working day.
IMPORTANT: Online appointments are only available for medical problems. The following should NOT be booked online:
• Administrative Requests: Medical forms including HGV, PSV, Foster/Adoption, Military, Employment, Life Insurance & Medical reports etc - Please email your form through to the practice. Our team will then be in touch to book the appropriate appointment.
• Six Week Antenatal Checks: Please call to book an appointment.
• Coils and Implants (either fitting, change, removal or check): Please call to book an appointment.
• Travel Vaccinations: Please visit our travel webpage by clicking here.
• Blood Test Appointments
• STI Screening: We do not offer routine STI screening at the practice. You can request a free STI testing kit to be sent to your home address online via Sexual Health London. SHL is a discreet service for Londoners who have no symptoms. If you have symptoms, please attend a sexual health clinic. You can use NHS Choices to find the nearest sexual health clinic to you.
If an online appointment is booked for any of these reasons it will be cancelled and reallocated.
HOW TO CANCEL AN APPOINTMENT
A minimum of 1 hour's notice must be given to successfully cancel an appointment. Where inadequate notice is given of your intention to cancel an appointment, the appointment will not be cancelled and this will be flagged as a 'Did Not Attend' on your record.
You can cancel your appointment:
- Via text: All patients should receive a text reminder 1 day before their scheduled appointment. You can simply respond with the word 'CANCEL' should you wish to cancel your appointment. If you have recently updated your contact details, please update the practice here.
- Online via Patient Access: Patients can cancel and reschedule their GP appointment online.
- Online via our website: Please submit notice of your intention to cancel your appointment here.
- By contacting the practice over the phone: As a preference we ask that patient's use one of the avenues stated above to cancel an appointment to reduce waiting times on the phone. Please only contact the practice to cancel if you are unable to cancel via one of the above methods.
Our practice currently loses around 3,000 GP appointments a year due to patients failing to attend or cancel their appointments. This costs the NHS around £70,000 a year, increases wait times, and wastes valuable appointments that could be used by other patients.
IMPORTANT: Repeated failure to attend and cancel booked appointments is a significant waste of NHS resources and may lead to a review of your registration at the practice.
OUT OF HOURS
Outside of our usual opening hours our answerphone will give you the number for NHS 111
When our practice is closed you can still get support. You can get expert medical advice and useful information by calling 111 on your mobile or telephone or through the website 111 online.
The NHS 111 service is available 24 hours a day and can provide patient information, issue prescriptions to a pharmacy of your choice, book a GP appointment, and, if necessary, refer people to emergency services
If you need emergency treatment in a critical or life threatening situation, you should go to the nearest Accident and Emergency department or call 999 for an ambulance.