What is eConsult?
eConsult enables NHS based GP practices to offer online consultations to their patients. This allows patients to submit their symptoms or requests to their own GP electronically, and offers around the clock NHS self-help information, signposting to services, and a symptom checker.
eConsult is the most widely used digital triage tool in NHS primary care, built by NHS GPs for NHS patients, designed to enhance patient access, improve practice efficiencies and signpost patients to the right place at the right time for their care. Live in over 3013 NHS practices, eConsult gives millions of patients access to their own GP online.
How does eConsult work?
eConsult is easy for patients and practices
eConsult lets you consult with your NHS GP online by completing a quick form that is sent and reviewed by the practice. You can also be directed to patient self-help, pharmacy advice and local self-referral services.
You'll wonder how you did without it
- You may not need a trip to the surgery and their query may be resolved with a phone call
- There is no need to change surgery to get digital first access. You complete an online GP consultation with their own practice when you need to
- You can check their health symptoms online and receive on the spot medical advice and treatment guidance thanks to NHS content. This part of the eConsult service is available 24/7
- You can send a question to your GP through eConsult from 08:00 on Monday to 18:30 on Friday. You will get a response from your own NHS GP practice by the end of the next working day or sooner
- You are not able to send your GP an eConsult over the weekend, when you should instead contact the NHS 111 service. NHS 111 will put you in touch with the out of hours doctor If your problem needs GP assistance over the weekend.
- Access wherever and whenever you want from any device. Unlike a telephone call, you can complete an eConsult at a pace that suits you.
- You can request sick notes and test results without the need for an appointment. Saving you time.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.