Clapham Park Group Practice is committed to providing equitable access to healthcare for patients from the LGBTQ+ community.
In July 2022 we were awarded the gold Pride in Practice award by the LGBT foundation. This award is a benchmark for excellence in LGBT healthcare, and demonstrates our commitment to provide lesbian, gay, bi, and trans people with a positive, affirming, and equitable service.
Local trans and non-binary specialist health services
- 56T, Dean Street Soho - Holistic sexual health and well-being service for all trans and non-binary people and their partners. Includes; sexual health screening, blood test monitoring for hormone therpay, cervical screening, gender identity counselling, housing advice, PREP, drug and alcohol counselling.
- cliniQ, King's College Hospital - Holistic sexual health, mental health, and wellbeing service for trans people, their partners and friends. Services include counselling, mentoring, cervical smears, hormone injections, and hormone blood tests.
- Gender Identity Clinic, The Tavistock and Portman - Includes information for self-referral to Gender Identity Clinic, support groups, and opportunities to get involved in focus groups and research activity
- Information on health screening for trans and non-binary people
- Information about prostate cancer for trans women
PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis)
PrEP is a drug taken by HIV-negative people before and after sex that reduces the risk of getting HIV. It is now available free on the NHS in England from sexual health clinics.
Trans and non-binary young people
- Gendered Intelligence - A trans-led charity specialising in supporting young people under the age of 21 who are trans or questioning their gender. Includes trans youth programmes, resources, support for parents and guardians.
- Mermaids - Support and information for gender diverse children and young people, and their families. Particular focus on younger children.
- Mosaic LGBT+ Young Persons' Trust - For LGBT+ young people aged 13-19. Includes mentoring and online counselling, and a youth group
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.