At Clapham Park Group practice we recognise the benefit of physical activity for everyone, for physical and mental wellbeing.
Getting your 30 minute daily ‘dose’ of movement is proven to reduce the risk of developing many common conditions including heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers, and can help treat existing conditions - depression, hypertension, diabetes and more. If 30 minutes sounds too much - start with five minutes of walking for example, and build up - every little helps!
Clapham Park Group Practice is proud to be an RCGP accredited Active Practice. We actively encourage staff and patients to travel actively, with secure bike storage and changing facilities. We are a parkrun practice, collaborating with parkrun to support patients and staff benefit from the free 5km events at Clapham Common, every Saturday at 9 a.m.
If you’re interested in getting more active for your health here are some ideas to get you started:
- If you’re visiting the surgery why not walk or cycle here
- Take advantage of concessionary gym membership locally
- Come along to Parkrun - you don’t have to run, you can walk, volunteer or simply cheer!
- Learn more about RCGP Active Practices here
- Sign up to couch to fitness and Get active from the comfort of your own home for free!
- Talk to your GP or other healthcare professional about how getting more active may benefit your health
Published: Sep 1, 2022
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.