Podiatry (foot health) Self-Referral
What is a self-referral?
A self-referral offers you access to a specialist without the need to see your GP first. A self-referral may also reduce your wait to access an expert opinion, advice and treatment of your condition and puts you in control of your care.
If you have an ongoing foot health issue/condition, we would advise that you complete a self-referral through to the Podiatry Team at Guy's and St Thomas'. They offer a range of services to assess, treat and advise people on any foot condition.
They aim to help you to:
- Prevent future foot problems through health promotion
- Relieve pain
- Maintain function and mobility
- Prevent or minimise deformity
- Reduce the risk of ulceration and amputation
The podiatrists (health professionals trained in care for the feet and lower limbs) provide expertise in preventing and treating disorders of the foot and ankle. They are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
I Have An Urgent Foot Health Condition. Can I Be Seen Urgently?
There are emergency walk-in foot health clinics for patients who need emergency attention.
- foot ulceration, wounds and sores
- pre-ulcerative areas on the feet (hard skin or corns which look bruised or are yellow, green, red or white)
- bleeding or pus in the toenails or feet
- hot, red, swollen or infected feet
- minor burns
- injury from foreign bodies such as glass, wood, a nail or needle
- wound-redressing or nail surgery-redressing
- Artesian Foot Health Centre, 94 Alscot Road, Bermondsey, London SE1 366 - Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 1.30pm to 3.40pm
- Clapham Manor Health Centre, 86 Clapham Manor Street, Clapham, London SW4 6EB - Monday, 1.20pm to 3.40pm,
- Gracefield Gardens, 2-8 Gracefield Gardens, Streatham, London SW16 2ST - Tuesdays, 1.20 to 3.40pm
- Elmcourt Health Centre, 214-218 Norwood Road, Norwood, SE27 9AW - Wednesdays, 9.40am to midday
- Mawbey Brough Health Centre, 39 Wilcox Close, Vauxhall, SW8 2UD - Thursdays and Fridays, 1.20pm to 3.40pm
The emergency clinic may close earlier if the capacity for the clinic has been reached.
For more information phone 020 3049 7900 or contact Guy's and St Thomas' via their website Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.